House for sale by sea, island Kolocep, Dubrovnik facing the sea, distance from the sea (60 m) on the island of Kolocep. Large maintained garden (825m2) with indigenous Mediterranean plants, three terraces overlooking the sea, all renovated and fully furnished. Ground floor 85 m2, first floor 75 m2 and attic approx. 50 m2 of living space + 15 m2 garden house …
The walled city of Dubrovnik was described by George Bernard Shaw as “paradise on earth”. The old city is a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site and is surrounded by spectacular fortified walls up to 25m high and 6m thick. Founded in the 7th century on a rocky island called Laus, it later became known as Ragusa. The Venetians gained control of the city at the beginning of the 13th century but, by the end of the 14th century, Dubrovnik had essentially become an independent city state and had established a lucrative trading position with the Ottoman Empire. In 1815 it was handed over to the Austrians by order of the Congress of Vienna and incorporated into the province of Dalmatia. Dubrovnik has a lot of tourist attractions, such as walls of Dubrovnik that represent the city’s main trademark. The walls run from four to six meters thick on the landward side but are much thinner on the seaward side.The system of turrets and towers were intended to protect the city.
Another favorite tourist attraction are the Dubrovnik town gates. Dubrovnik town has four city gates: two that lead to the harbor and two that lead to the mainland. Another attraction that needs to be mentioned is the Lovrijenac Fort that is located on the west side of the Old City on a 37 metre-high rock.
If you want to know more about Dubrovnik, click here: Dubrovnik