Old stone villa for sale with a spacious garden, Dubrovnik , setting out on two floors in a very attractive location. It is situated right across the old city walls and the Minčeta tower.
The house is protected cultural heritage and it is in a rusty condition. There are three separate apartments in the house.
The spacious garden gives a special touch to the house, very spacious with 511 meters square, it is rich with a variety of plants and herbs, palm trees and grapewine,
along with an amazing view over the Adriatic sea and the old town of Dubrovnik.
The residential area of the house is 197 meters square, which is partly furnished and has 12 bedrooms. The lot size is 511 square meters.
The house is connected to the sewer, electricity, water and the telephone. The bus station is pretty close to the house.
The walled city of Dubrovnik was described by George Bernard Shaw as “paradise on earth”. The old city is a protected UNESCO World Heritage Site and is surrounded by spectacular fortified walls up to 25m high and 6m thick. Founded in the 7th century on a rocky island called Laus, it later became known as Ragusa. The Venetians gained control of the city at the beginning of the 13th century but, by the end of the 14th century, Dubrovnik had essentially become an independent city state and had established a lucrative trading position with the Ottoman Empire. In 1815 it was handed over to the Austrians by order of the Congress of Vienna and incorporated into the province of Dalmatia. Dubrovnik has a lot of tourist attractions, such as walls of Dubrovnik that represent the city’s main trademark. The walls run from four to six meters thick on the landward side but are much thinner on the seaward side.The system of turrets and towers were intended to protect the city.
If you want to know more about Dubrovnik, click here: Dubrovnik