10 Ways to Recognize Illegal Croatian Real Estate Agencies
Dear clients and guests!
We feel that it is our obligation to warn you about illegal agents still operating on Croatian real estate (both sale and rental) market, as well as some unprofessional agencies that will try to put pressure on you to buy property without checking and securing the property situation.
In our effort to help you filter through these false advertisers and agencies, we have prepared some additional information for you. Also, feel free to contact us with any future questions or reports of illegal activities.
Also, to find out more about the services Luxury Croatia Real Estate brand offers, check out our real estate services blog category.
10 Hints on How to Recognize Illegal & Unprofessional Agents/Agencies:
- ask them to give you agent/agency licence registration number which you can check at Croatian Chamber of Commerce (or we can check it for you),
- ask them their company registration number: OIB,
- ask them their registered office address and check if it exist or not,
- ask them to show you their business risk insurance policy,
- google or ask around for the average commission percentage in this market and compare it with what you were told by that agency/agent;
- check what internet says about them; find testimonials of their clients if such exist;
- if they provide misleading or hide correct information, you’re probably dealing with an illegal or non-registered agent/agency;
- some of agencies advertise lower prices than provided by owners, those prices are false and are formed as trap to attract buyers;
- some agencies advertise properties for sale without having direct (or any) contact with the owner, or providing false pictures of advertised properties, or advertising properties which are not for sale aiming to attract buyers this way;
- if agent/agency put pressure on you to decide quickly about buying property, beware of possible fraud or criminal acts.
We strongly recommend that you hire an experienced lawyer/solicitor who will check the agent/agency. In Luxury Croatia, we (with the help of our lawyer) personally check every property, title deeds and make sure that all the information and documentation received from our real estate owners and prepared for our potential buyers is clean and registered in land registry court.
LUXURY CROATIA and it’s travel/rental serviecs brand: ADRIATIC TRAVELLER offer the finest selection of luxury villas for sale and rent: sea front houses, apartments, islands, secluded beach front stone houses, plots of land with gorgeous panoramic sea views, old ruins at low prices on the best locations, large plots in residential zones for building, hotels and resorts for sale, apartment houses for sale and etc.
We are focused on sales of residential properties in the coastal regions of Croatia, Dalmatian islands of Hvar, Brac, Korcula, Vis, Solta, Mljet, Drvenik, Peljesac peninsula, Silba, Dugi otok, Ugljan, Kornati archipelago and others on Zadar area, Sibenik area, Split, Makarska, Dubrovnik, Istria, Umag, Pula… We also manage properties, take care of everything from construction, furnishing, gardening, to renting, cleaning, meeting guests, bookings… we have complete pre-sales and post-sales service for our clients.
We have a team of experts in construction and building: architects, engineers, project managers, interior designer, landscape architects, construction companies, who are able to make your dream property come true.
Our goal is to deliver quality and long lasting relation with our clients.
Welcome and bring your smile with you!
Your LuxuryCroatia.net Team